Friday, January 12, 2007

Weddings etc



When people learn that I am a photographer, I am often asked about shooting a wide range of things. Pet cemetery urns? No thanks, really I am busy that day. Many photographers offer a wide range of services, so they seem to focus on...nothing in particular.

Certainly, I have photographed weddings, kids portraits, even landscapes in Scotland, France and Greece. I am trying to specialize in dance imagery. Very few photographers seem to specialize in anything, though there are many who are primarily wedding and portrait photographers. My Google Adwords results show me that 'portrait photographer' outnumbers all other search terms on my web site...and portrait photographers outnumber all other kinds, around Boston in any case. Many wedding photographers [JVS, Becker, David Beckstead are probably my favorites]; few dance photographers [Lois Greenfield, Roy Volkmann]. Anyway, I like shooting dance.

No comments: